- What Happens When You Create A Flexbox Flex Container? – Auntie Rachel explains
- Securing Web Sites Made Them Less Accessible – Eric Meyer notes that the drive for HTTPS has made accessing the web harder for people in poor-connectivity places.
- An AI reading list by Hidde de Vries
- EU taking another look at phone chargers because they’re still not standardized – “While much of the market now uses USB C, Apple remains an outlier … it would deprive Cupertino of the royalties it currently collects for its non-standard tech.”
- The Forgotten Stories of Muslims Who Saved Jewish People During the Holocaust
- What if the same force that created civilisation is the thing most likely to destroy it? – a fun solution to the Fermi paradox: advanced life destroys itself.
- The Peculiar Math That Could Underlie the Laws of Nature – second time in a week I’ve read about octonions and their potential usefulness to particle physics. I wish I understood more maths.
- Lidl is launching 5kg boxes of damaged fruit and veg for just £1.50 – bloody good idea in these days of growing poverty and massive food waste
- Bin Laden’s computer: “video of the Rowan Atkinson comedy Mr Bean, episodes of the animated programme Wallace and Gromit, and the viral video “Charlie bit my finger”. There were also more than 30 videos on crocheting.” Unsurprising, really. Being into crocheting is the obvious sign of a ruthless homicidal maniac.