A (usually) weekly round-up of interesting links I’ve tweeted. Sponsored by Smashing Magazine who slip banknotes into my underwear so I can spend time reading stuff.
- WordPress 5.0.1 Security Release TL;DR: you need to upgrade ASAP (if you didn’t automatically get upgraded)
- quicklink <1K utility for “faster subsequent page-loads by prefetching in-viewport links during idle time” by Addy Osmani
- Protecting Your Site With Feature Policy by Rachel Andrew
- In what way is JS any more maintainable than CSS? How does writing CSS in JS make it any more maintainable? – excellent, and civilised discussion started by Jonathan Snook and Sunil Pai.
- Why isn’t it <style src=>? by Chris Coyier
- Your Apps Know Where You Were Last Night, and They’re Not Keeping It Secret – “Dozens of companies use smartphone locations to help advertisers and even hedge funds. They say it’s anonymous, but the data shows how personal it is.
- Is Tech Too Easy to Use? – “Could some of our biggest technological challenges be solved by making things slightly less simple?”