A (usually) weekly round-up of interesting links I’ve tweeted. Sponsored by Smashing Magazine who slip banknotes into my lacy red manties so I can spend time reading stuff.
- Big Win for Web Accessibility in Domino’s Pizza Case – “the district court can order compliance with WCAG 2.0 as an equitable remedy if, after discovery, the website and app fail to satisfy the ADA.”
- IDB-Keyval – “a super-simple-small promise-based keyval store implemented with IndexedDB”. Basically, async
localstorage, by Jank Architect
- Cross-Cultural Design and the Role of UX by Jenny Shen
- Which Smartphone Features Really Matter to Consumers? – TL;DR: storage, battery life, processor speed, duh.
- Twitter warns that private tweets were public for years – AFAICT, “protected tweets” (whatever they are) rather than DMs. Android app only, not web, iOS.
- The Big Hangup: Why the Future Is Not Just Your Phone – “The once-revolutionary smartphone is losing its power to amaze—and maybe its singular hold on our lives”