- Link o’the week: The Real Dark Web – “We rarely acknowledge the vast majority of web developers” writes Charlie Owen.
- Web Monetization – A new Revenue Model for the Web – a new Standards proposal, yrs truly is a contributor
- Native lazy-loading for the web –
<img loading="lazy">coming soon. You can add it now, as it’s a progressive enhancement.
- Navigation preloads in service workers – Uncle Jezza has the low-down.
- Meaning without markup: Accessibility Object Model
- output: HTML’s native live region element by Scott “Scarlett” O’Hara
- Domino’s asks the Supreme Court to shut down a lawsuit requiring its website be accessible to blind people – classy. It was Domino’s pizza that gave me the shits in India, so this makes sense.
- HTML semantics, Web Components, W3C and WHATWG, HTML5 Doctor, Prince XML, Web Monetization – podcast of Vadim Makeev interviewing me
- The scary trend of internet shutdowns – as India shuts down communications in Kashmir, how effective are shut-downs anyway?
Want my reading lists sent straight to your inbox? Sign up and Mr Mailchimp will send it your way!
Buy "Calling For The Moon", my debut album of songs I wrote while living in Thailand, India, Turkey. (Only £2, on Bandcamp.)