- Link o’the week: The Real Dark Web – “We rarely acknowledge the vast majority of web developers” writes Charlie Owen.
- Web Monetization – A new Revenue Model for the Web – a new Standards proposal, yrs truly is a contributor
- Native lazy-loading for the web –
<img loading="lazy">coming soon. You can add it now, as it’s a progressive enhancement.
- Navigation preloads in service workers – Uncle Jezza has the low-down.
- Meaning without markup: Accessibility Object Model
- output: HTML’s native live region element by Scott “Scarlett” O’Hara
- Domino’s asks the Supreme Court to shut down a lawsuit requiring its website be accessible to blind people – classy. It was Domino’s pizza that gave me the shits in India, so this makes sense.
- HTML semantics, Web Components, W3C and WHATWG, HTML5 Doctor, Prince XML, Web Monetization – podcast of Vadim Makeev interviewing me
- The scary trend of internet shutdowns – as India shuts down communications in Kashmir, how effective are shut-downs anyway?
Want my reading lists sent straight to your inbox? Sign up and Mr Mailchimp will send it your way!