- Link o’ the week: The Future of CSS: Cascade Layers is a jolly useful guide by @bramus that’s helped me understand the syntax and subtleties
- Apple to face EU antitrust charge over NFC chip – Only Apple Pay can use it because (checks notes) “privacy and security, absolutely not monopolistic behaviour. Who, us? Ha ha! Never!”
- New study reveals iPhones aren’t as private as you think – “Android phones collect more data by volume, but iPhones collect more types of data, a study finds”
- Make your PWAs Look and Launch Beautifully a presentation a by Önder Ceylan at PWA summit on the new developments on cross-platform icons, splash screens etc.
- Making the whole web better, one canvas at a time – Uncle Brian on
- In Quest of Search – “On why I think adding a new HTML sectioning element for search is a good idea” by Sara Soueidan
- Datasette Desktop – “Datasette was originally designed as a tool for data journalists, to help report on data-driven stories, crunch through large datasets and publish the results…Datasette can be used to power dynamic-static websites: sites that run on serverless hosting while providing dynamic data-backed functionality.”
- Google found guilty of restricting Android forks in South Korea, fined $177 million
- Me Me Me! corner: The F-Word Episode 13 – Does the iOS browser ban harm or help the web? Now with added Stuart Langridge!