Links’n’stuff that I’ve tweeted, for those who don’t spend their days on twitter but who work instead.
- Project-based cross-device development tutorial: Love your devices: adaptive web design with media queries, viewport and more
- My colleague Divya wrote a piece on semantics (which I disagree with) called Our Pointless Pursuit Of Semantic Value. Jeremy Keith also disagreed, as did John Foliot in his ironically unsemantically-titled My Thing About the Thing That Thing Wrote About Thing.
- Co-incidentally, I had been asked by Smashing Magazine to write up my Fronteers talk into an article on HTML5 Semantics and why they do matter.
- If you’d rather see me talk about HTML5 with pink hair, here’s an Opera tech break:
- Accessibility: Roger Hudson proposes a scoring system to measure *real* accessibility of a site called Accessibility Barrier Scores.
- The Trials and Tribulations of HTML Video in the Post-Flash Era (with discussion of DRM)
- The DRM graveyard: A brief history of digital rights management in music
- Web pages are getting more bloated, and here’s why. “Over the past year, web pages have on average become 25% bigger.”
Groovy webdev stuff
- Mike Tayor has the low-down on HTML5 Custom Protocol and Content Handlers
- 25 Secrets of the Browser Developer Tools
- ‘The Developer Briefcase’ and other neat Opera extensions for developers
- Department of Unnecessary bling: Flash-style hover effects replicated in CSS!
- Flexbox will kick your dog and pee on your rug
- Vendor Prefixes Are Hurting the Web says Henri Sivonen
- WTF? zomg! says Daniel Glazman,co-chair of the CSS Working Group in his answer to Henri Sivonen
- Vendor prefixes have failed, what’s next? asks Lea Verou
- Vendor Prefixes Are A Rousing Success declaims Alex Russell. I tend to agree with Alex here, but think that Robert O’Callahan makes an excellent point that Alex’s perspective isn’t neutral; it benefits WebKit (and thus his employer, Google).
- Prefixr: Cross-Browser CSS in Seconds! -copy your prefixless CSS, hit the button o get prefixes added, paste the result back into your CSS.
(Last Updated on )
Buy "Calling For The Moon", my debut album of songs I wrote while living in Thailand, India, Turkey. (Only £2, on Bandcamp.)