(Last Updated on )
What a week, eh? Some people called Kanye West and Kim Kardashian had a baby, and Instagram announced 15 second videos. And if that were not exciting – nay, dispruptively paradigm-shifting game-changing enough – check out these hot links!
- Draft BBC Mobile Accessibility Standards and Guidelines – by Henny Swan
- MQtest.io – A simple tool to help identify which media queries your device responds to
- Changes in rankings of smartphone search results – Google will spank you if you have faulty redirects (“when a desktop page redirects smartphone users to an irrelevant page on the smartphone-optimized website”) or App download interstitials
- Grumpicon for SVG icons/ illustrations with PNG fallback for everbrown browsers
- “Lots has happened in the world of Responsive Images since I wrote Mo’ Pixels, Mo’ Problems. And by lots, I mean nothing at all.” – a follow-up post to a 2012 article for A List Apart
- W3C Pointer Events Gains Further Web Momentum with Patch For Mozilla Firefox – Micosoft also intends to implement for Blink
- The problem with the ‘debate’ over online porn is the two sides aren’t even speaking the same language says the Daily Telegraph, showing that censorship proposals by Claire Perry aren’t based on fact, or understanding of the mechanics of the web
- Stop Doing Internet Wrong commands Scott Hanselman
- That Old-Skool Smell from Alex Russell – which sounds like an ad for a new fragrance, but it’s a blog post about how to reform W3C to work better
- That Old-Skool Smell, Part 2…and he follows it up with a second.
- …which Karl Dubost doesn’t like, saying W3C, we can improve it together