- “Intent to ship” status applied to the <picture> element in Chromium – HUZZAH!
- <picture> element completed in Firefox Nightly – HURRAY!
- Responsive images:
sizesnow in WebKit nightly (but will Apple turn it on in Safari?)
- m. sites, or responsive sites – which is faster? – “RWD sites can indeed compete with m dot sites in terms of load time”
- Google: Promoting modern websites for modern devices in Google search results – “Starting today, we will indicate to searchers when our algorithms detect pages that may not work on their devices.”
- Clipping in CSS and SVG – The clip-path Property and <clipPath> Element by Sara Soueidan
- Understanding SVG Coordinate Systems & Transformations (Part 1) – The viewport, viewBox, & preserveAspectRatio, also by Sara
- Installing Opera Mini on Your Computer – testing in Opera Mini without a Java featurephone
- <dialog> element demo – HTML has native dialogs, that are keyboard accessible, and don’t require JS focus management or fragile z-index mucking around
- HTML Table Generator
- UK broadband not fit for purpose, says business group (BBC)
- GOV.UK design patterns – “A wiki for people working on GOV.UK services to discuss GOV.UK design patterns and share ideas and experiences. Contributions from other designers welcome.”
- How to Secure your WordPress Website
Bonus video content!
“My job is to make sure that the web wins” – The Awwwards people interviewed me and my extra chins in Paris in February.