- Opera is twenty years old
- Stop pushing redux – in which PPK argues against me and Jank Architect arguing against him.
- Optimizing Performance – some excellent advice on Google Web Fundamentals by some heavy-hitters
- Understanding critical CSS
- Laying Out A Flexible Future For Web Design With Flexbox
- CSS element() function – “this function renders any part of a website as a live image.”
- CSS dropcaps and initial letters – wrapping text around the *ink* of a drop cap, rather than its box (editors draft)
- Big List of Naughty Strings “which have a high probability of causing issues when used as user-input data”. For QA purposes, of course.
- The End of the Internet Dream – I thought at first this was another dull medium-hosted “the web was better before the hoi polloi came along” getoffmylawnist lament, but the more I read the more I agreed
Buy "Calling For The Moon", my debut album of songs I wrote while living in Thailand, India, Turkey. (Only £2, on Bandcamp.)