- In memory of Opera pioneer Per Hedbor – the main developer behind the Opera Mini servers.
- Lowering memory usage in Opera and Blink with Heap compaction – how we made Opera’s Blink-based products use a lot less memory
- Web Page Test now allows you to check how fast your site loads (and what it looks like) in Opera Mini’s Extreme Mode (e.g., the maximum compression). Choose “Dulles, VA USA (IE 8-11,Chrome,Firefox,Android,iOS 9)” as the test location, and select a device with Opera Mini in the browser drop down list. A big thank you to Patrick Meenan for adding this.
- The death of the natives? A progressive shift for apps, web & marketers – a report on biz benefits of PWAs (suitable for non-techy boss types)
- Opera and Progressive Web Apps – video interview with l’il ol’ me. In a suit!
- Lack of internet connectivity is biggest fear of Indians while travelling – “13.8% people are willing to go without food for an entire day for a lag-free internet connection.”
- Photographer Files $1 Billion Suit Against Getty for Licensing Her Public Domain Images
- Is there such a thing as ‘bore out’? – A French man is suing his employers for 300K Euros for for being “killed professionally through boredom”.
- The buzz: how the vibrator came to be – “In 19th-century Britain, women suffering from chronic anxiety prescribed pelvic finger massage. Doctors found this tedious and time-consuming, so they invented something to do the job for them” (Safe for work)
Buy "Calling For The Moon", my debut album of songs I wrote while living in Thailand, India, Turkey. (Only £2, on Bandcamp.)